Friday, September 25, 2009

It's Been Awhile

The past few months have not been so productive. In fact they have been many times discouraging and frustrating. Mostly I have been producing doodles like these. I do love to play with colored pencils, markers, and just about anything I can write with. It brings back the good feelings of being a kid.
I have all these expectations of who I think I should be, what I think I should do, what I think an artist is.., a mother.., a child of God... Reality never reflects these expectations.



Today I heard a snip-it off the radio in passing. "Stop trying to be enough" the man said. The reason this struck me is because I have told God so many times, especially lately, that no matter what I do- it just isn't good enough. It was the same thing I have heard and thought about so often. God's grace is sufficient.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness". 2 Cor 12:9
Honestly, though I know what this means, I don't understand how it works in our lives. I do know that God is who he says he is.. I believe that God is able, but my mind continues to try to measure the height, width, and depth of who He is. God is immeasurable. He is infinite. I am a beggar for a few crumbs.

No comments: