Friday, October 3, 2008

Overhaul

'Extreme Makeover' home edition on Sunday night is my family's favorite t.v. show. This last Sunday was a show about a woman raising 14 children. Four of them are her own, and ten of them were her sister's who died. She promised her sister that she would care for them and not seperate them. They all lived in a three room motel for a short period of time. The state was going to take the children, because lack of adaquate placement. The city gave the family some land with a house on it that needed work. Then Extreme Makeover came in and built them a new one.
This has stuck with me, because I am deeply passionate about these situations. First of all what a woman! To take care of ten children not her own- in addition to her own. Second of all I began thinking that wouldn't if the state could pay the various places that would take these children in. Why couldn't they use those funds to improve there living conditions instead? I realize that would have to go on an individual basis, but it makes sense to me. O.k., when I'm president I'll overhaul the Social Rehabilitation System. :) Which by the way, I have never heard of in a presidential debate.
Oh, here is a link to my Etsy mini on Interior Design Team.
http://interiordesignteam.blogspot.com/search/label/Wallhangings

No comments: