Sunday, November 30, 2008

Go ahead daydream

This tree drawing was made using colored graphite pencils and prismacolors. Daydreaming and drawing is the spice of life!
When I was a little girl I repeatedly got into trouble for daydreaming in school. I found some old report cards from grade school. The one thing they had in common was an unsatisfactory at paying attention. In daydreams we can do anything, be anything. What would life be like without it?


This quilt was quilted, painted, stitched, and beaded. I was happy with the way it turned out. Actual colors are a bit deeper.

2 comments:

artisbliss said...

This is really beautiful, Melicia. Your teachers should have known you were thinking about being creative.

Leslie said...

I love your tree...my teachers had the same complaint about me when I was at school....what is it about teachers??