Thursday, March 12, 2009

Carry on

Today I started the day pretty bummed, so I decided to take some pics. Taking photos helps me forget about whatever it is that I want to forget.
This truck is at a neighbor's house to the south of us. Whenever I go into town I google over it; so today I got permission and headed right over.
What is it about these old trucks that are so cool?

(I later did a bit of photoshopping. My camera and photoshop are two of my favorite tools.)





Still, this evening I was a bit bummed, and I thought I'd share what I felt God was saying to me.
Yes, there is sorrow, but do not take the time to wallow in it. This will only let the sorrow and darkness grow. Instead dig in your heals and press on for those around you. How else can the purposes of God be wrought? To wallow in sorrow is selfish and does not bring about the purposes that God would use you for in anothers' life. Carry on.

No comments: