Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Altered Angel


The last few weeks have been a bit of a blur.
I've been thinking about Ecclesiastes. When I have those times of questioning the point of life; I often find my way back to this book.
'What does man gain from all his labor at which he toils under the sun? Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever. The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises. The wind blows to the south and turns to the north; round and round it goes, ever returning on its course. All streams flow into the sea, yet the sea in never full. To the place the streams come from, there they return again. All things are wearisome, more than one can say. The eye never has enough of seeing, nor the ear its fill of hearing. What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is something new"? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time. There is no rememberence of men of old, and even those who are yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow. Eccl. 1: 3-11.
If this so dreary, well the monotony of it all can be, but there is good news too.
'For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, " and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile." Jer 29:11-14.
My emotions don't always match what I know to be true.

1 comment:

artisbliss said...

This is wonderful, Melicia, and exactly right. We aren't here in vain. Our names are written on His hands.